San Francisco!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012
I went to San Francisco this past week/weekend because I had to take the CSET which is a credentialing exam for the state of CA. Since I still know lots of people there from when I worked there, I made the most of it and turned it into the most wonderful vacation. I didn’t do a whole lot, but I did go see some new things and had a blast!
Sono andata a san Francisco questo weekend perche dovevo fare un esame per la California. Visto che conosco ancora molta gente, ho deciso di farmi un po’ di vacanze in tanto che c’ero! Non ho fatto molto pero’ sono andata a vedere dei posti nuovi e mi sono divertita molto! Sono stata al Hilton dove prima lavoravo e’ mi hanno trattato benissimo! Mi hanno dato una camera enorme con un balcone e una vista spetacolare!

View from my room at the fabulous Hilton San Francisco Union Square

Gorgeous sunrise on test day

My room

Sleeping with 6 pillows is truly wonderful

The first thing I did was go to dinner at a sushi restaurant because I miss sushi! The next night, I went to dinner in this random restaurant inside a bar in North Beach with my friend Terrence. We wanted to go to this Mexican place, but the wait was too long and we (aka I) was starved. The restaurant we went to was called the Chubby Noodle. Seriously, the greatest food EVER. It was SO good! We ordered some poke (AMAZING), Korean pork tacos (AMAZING), and fried chicken (HEAVENLY). All was just so great!
La prima cosa che ho fatto e sono andata fuori a mangiare dello sushi perche’ mi manca molto! La sera dopo, sono andata a cena con il mio amico Terrence e ci siamo trovati in questo posto dentro un bar. Non sembra molto, pero’ il mangiare e’ buonissimo! C’era cosi tanta roba non sapevamo che cosa mangiare dopo! E’ proprio un posto da tenere in mente quando ci torno!



Kitchen inside the bar

Hawaiian Tuna Poke: tombo tuna + soy + sesame oil + 
scallions + garlic chips

Buttermilk brined (organic) Fried Chicken with 
creamy sambal dipping sauce

Korean Pork Tacos: niman ranch rib chop + korean pickles + 
yogurt sauce + arbol chile vinegar

On Friday, I had a few plans for breakfast and lunch so I just hung out in the area and made my way over to the marina where I went to Paper Source. I have missed Paper Source so much since I’ve been in Utah. It is just the most fabulous store and it is just so sad that they don’t have one in UT. Needless to say, I made good use of my time and found some fabulous new things!
Venerdi’, avevo un paio di piani per pranzo e colazione, allora sono stata abastanza vicino. Nel pomerggio, sotto la pioggia, sono andata nella zona chiamata marina perche’ volevo andare in questo negozio che vende tutte cose di carta. Io c’avro passato almeno un ora se’ non di piu’! E’ troppo bello! Certamente ho preso delle cosette di cui non pottere non avere!

Just a tad foggy


Saturday was a gorgeous day so I headed to the museum at the Legion of Honor. They had some fabulous exhibits and the view was spectacular! You can see the Golden Gate Bridge/SF Bay and the Pacific, just gorgeous! From there, I headed to China beach where I watched the waves crash onto the shore for a good 20 minutes. Oh, and there were crazy people surfing in wetsuits in frigid water with a cold wind. Craziness. I then headed to the Wharf to do the usual trip/sights and then walked back to the hotel to get ready for a friend’s party held at Saddle Rack which was awesome.
Sabato era una giornata bellissima allora sono andata in un museo in cui non c’ero mai stata. C’era una mostra bellissima e poi c’era una vista perfetta sulla citta’. Poi sono andata a piedi a China Beach (circa un milio) dove c’era della gente che stava facendo lo surf nel acqua gellida! Io ho solo guardato le onde che era molto rilassante. Poi sono andata in dietro al albergho perche mi dovevo preparare per la festa di una amica.



Legion of Honor

Such a pretty view



This was the special exhibit (no pics allowed)












China Beach (crazy surfer circled)





Naturally, I got the prosciutto pie



Sunday, I (finally) made it to Alcatraz! I had never been while living in SF (nor the Legion of Honor) so I thought I’d go. Well, it was raining and I still went. The property itself is truly gorgeous and on a clear day, you can see everything around you. The facilities are neat to see and they have a lot of information and things that have not been too changed. It was fun to see the prison cells and all that. I'm counting this as half of a new place (2012 Resolutions) because I had never been to Alcatraz, but it is in San Francisco. 
Domenica sono finalmente andata ad Alcatraz! Nel tempo in cui abitavo a San Francisco, non c’ero mai andta! Anche se pioveva, era molto bello. L’anno messo aposto bene ed e proprio bello da vedere. Poi, se c’e’ una giornata bella, si puo vedere dapertutto! Lo conto come metta di un posto nuovo perche' non c'ero mai stata a Alcatraz, pero' ero gia' stata a San Francisco.










I also ate a ton of food while I was in San Francisco and took some random pictures.
Ho anche mangiato molto in tanto che ero a San Francisco e ho fatto delle foto a caso!

Just after my test

One of my favorite places in SF: The Ferry Building

Pepples Vegan Donuts that were delicious!

Crocker Galleria Market

A most fabulous lunch:
Sandwich with prosciutto from Boccalone
two perfectly sweet mandarins from the Crocker Galleria Market, 
half of a donut from Pepples Donuts

No trip to SF is complete without a Boudin Bread Bowl with Clam Chowder

Mm Sushi Boat! 
Also, sneak peak at my 365 pictures

Quince 75 from Urban Tavern

Sadly, it was time to go and so ended my SF vacation. But I can't wait to go back!
Poi era ora di andare a casa allora la mia vacanza era finita. Pero’ non vedo l’ora di tornarci!
(C) Giulia Longo 2013. Powered by Blogger.
All pictures and content are my own unless stated otherwise. Please do not use my pictures without my prior approval. Thank you!
Back to Top